Find out if you can enter Canada by clicking here.
At least 14 days prior to entering Canada, you must have received two doses of vaccines accepted in Canada (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen). Travellers can receive their vaccine in any country. Documentation supporting vaccination must be provided in English, French or with a certified translation.
You are exempt from:
- Government-authorized hotel for air travellers
- Day 8 test
72 hours before your arrival in Canada:
- Take a COVID-19 molecular test
- Use ArriveCAN to enter your information, including your proof of vaccination (make sure to have the most up-to-date version released on July 5 in the Google Play and the App Store)
- Plan your quarantine in case it is determined at the border that you do not meet all the conditions required to be exempt from quarantine
- All air travelers five years of age or older, regardless of citizenship, must show the air carrier proof of negative laboratory COVID-19 molecular testing before boarding on an international flight to Canada
- For more information, click here.
Download the ArriveCAN application
- Air travellers must submit their information using the ArriveCAN app before boarding their flight. This includes travel and contact information, a quarantine plan and a COVID-19 symptom self-assessment.
- Travellers wishing to enter Canada must be able to provide their ArriveCAN receipt to a border services officer, who verifies that the traveller’s information has been scanned beforehand.
- Travellers who do not provide the required information electronically before boarding their aircraft may be subject to an enforcement action ranging from a verbal warning to a $1,000 fine. Exceptions are made for individuals who cannot submit documents electronically due to a physical disability or inadequate infrastructure.
- For more information on downloading the app, please click here.
- Have your ArriveCAN receipt and documents ready, including digital or paper copy of proof of vaccination
- Random screening tests
- Present no COVID-19 symptoms
- Retain copies of your test results for the full 14 days after entry to Canada, as well as proof of vaccination and a list of close contacts
For information on children under 12 or unvaccinated children travelling with fully vaccinated adults, please click here.
For more information, click here.