You must make your travel arrangements well in advance if you are transiting through Canada. For more information, click here.
You can make any type of connection at Montréal-Trudeau if you are properly vaccinated and meet the eligibility criteria for entry into Canada.
If you are connecting to a domestic destination:
- You may be required to be tested upon arrival; you do not have to wait for the test result to continue your trip.
If you are connecting to the U.S. or an international destination:
- If your airline offers automatic baggage transfers and your departure flight is on the same day as your arrival flight at YUL, you will remain in the restricted area and will not be subject to screening requirements.
- If you make any type of connection but need to leave the restricted area (to retrieve your luggage, because of a cancelled flight or for any other reason), then you may be required to be tested upon arrival; you do not have to wait for the test result to continue your trip.
If you are not adequately vaccinated:
- You cannot make a connection to a domestic destination.
- You may be allowed to transit through Canada to another country if you make the following arrangements:
- Your airline must offer automatic baggage transfer to your destination.
- Your departure flight must be on the same day as your arrival flight at YUL.
- You must not leave the restricted area.
For more information, refer to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) website.
To learn more about the new measures in effect since February 28, 2022, click here.