All passengers traveling through Canadian airports must as of April 20, at 12:00 p.m. wear a non-medial mask of face covering at airport screening checkpoints, at the boarding and during the flight if social distancing of 2 meters is not possible or on request of the carrier. If you cannot wear a face covering for medical or health reasons, please let the screening officers know before going through the checkpoint.
Non-medical face masks or face coverings should:
- be made of at least 2 layers of tightly woven material fabric (such as cotton or linen)
- be large enough to completely and comfortably cover the nose and mouth without gaping
- fit securely to the head with ties or ear loops
- allow for easy breathing
- be comfortable and not require frequent adjustment
- be changed as soon as possible if damp or dirty
- maintain their shape after washing and drying
Click here for more information for the instructions for making a sew and no-sew cloth face covering.
Click here to learn more about Government of Canada requirements.