Public health authorities in Canada and Quebec issue recommendations and new measures to be implemented for prevention. We work closely with the authorities to provide us with the tools and advice.
To ensure the safest and most enjoyable travel, we have implemented a program: Travel with confidence at YUL.
Among the various measures, we would like to highlight the following:
- Increased disinfection frequencies in areas where passengers circulate daily;
- Complete disinfection of the primary inspection area after the passage of certain targeted flights;
- Addition of disinfectant gel dispensers, particularly in the arrivals corridor, the border services hall, and the baggage carousel area;
- Removal of 90% of baggage carts to ensure more efficient cleaning;
- Removal of all shopping carts in the international departures area;
- Cleaning crews available to respond and add additional frequencies;
- Hand washing signage campaign deployed in all washrooms in the terminal building.
Finally, since March 16, messages regarding the importance of the 14-day self-isolation deployed throughout the terminal through signage and the public announcement system. Additional signage is also in place in the terminal.
- Reduced seating capacity by 50%;
- Rearranged seating to keep every second table free (e.g. by removing chairs).
Effective March 16, the shuttle service is available only to passengers returning to the country who had parked a vehicle in one of YUL’s remote parking lots. Additional measures have also been implemented:
- All EconoParc parking lots (P5-P6-P7-P8-P9) have been closed indefinitely to limit the use of passenger shuttle buses;
- The only passenger parking facility available is the multi-level parking lot located in front of the terminal building, and within walking distance.
Since March 23rd. All employees have access to a proximity parking lot.
This measure was put in place in order to avoid the use of shuttles for employee transportation.