Here at YUL, we are committed to provide airport facilities that are adapted to the needs of people with disabilities or limited mobility.
When you disembark from the aircraft, if requested, an airline agent will assist you to the general public area (arrival). The electric carts service is offered to passengers who want it from the arrival gate to the Canada customs hall (arrivals level). Passengers can use the elevators to go to the customs hall and also to the carousel area. There is a line for use by people with limited mobility in the Canada customs hall.
People with reduced mobility, with a valid certificate of attestation, who have used the Multi-Level parking at the weekly rate of the EconoParc can send their request for reimbursement, along with a copy of their YUL Montréal-Trudeau International Airport parking receipt, a copy of their limited mobility certificate issued by the SAAQ and a copy of the limited mobility traveller's plane ticket or boarding passes to the following address, either by mail, fax or directly via the web form:
Parking and Ground Transportation
YUL Montréal-Trudeau International Airport
975 Roméo-Vachon Blvd. North, Suite 317
Fax: 514-633-3472 or 514-633-3068
Tel.: 514-633-3016 or 1-866-236-3999
If you do not have a car, adapted taxis are available between 7 a.m. and 2 a.m. Simply go to the dispatcher upon arrival, at door 23, at the arrivals level. Outside these hours, you must advise your airline, who will contact our dispatcher.
Public transit buses are accessible to people with limited mobility and can accommodate wheelchairs.
A limited number of wheelchair-accessible vehicles and equipped with hand-operated controls are available for rental. Customers are asked to make the necessary arrangements in advance with their car rental agency.
Services for the hearing impaired
- TTY telephones (identified with the TTY pictogram) are available at every bank of public telephones in the terminal and boarding areas.
- All pay telephones in the terminal are equipped with an adjustable volume control and a flux coil to assist hearing-aid users.
- Visual fire alarms (strobes) are located in public areas.
If you are a TTY user, simply call 7-1-1 for all directory assistance listings (local, national, US, overseas and toll free numbers).
Rates and information
For TTY, call 1 800 855-1155
Services for the visually impaired
- Signs are large and brightly coloured.
- Braille signs are located at entrances to all public washrooms.
- All elevators, escalators and moving sidewalks are equipped with braille signage.
- Elevators are also equipped with audible synthesized voice “floor callers” or acoustic signals that indicate floors.
- There is a relief area for guide dogs across from the terminal building, near the west tower of the multi-level parking garage.