Here at YUL, we are committed to provide airport facilities that are adapted to the needs of people with disabilities or limited mobility.
Wheelchairs are available at the information counter located on the departures level for use by people with limited mobility visiting the airport. If you are boarding a flight, please contact your airline for a wheelchair.
Information counters, check-in counters, self-service check-in kiosks, public pay telephones and automated teller machines (ATMs) are accessible to wheelchair users.
During your passage at the pre-boarding security checkpoint, you will find a line which is reserved for people with limited mobility. If you need assistance, please inform the screening officer when you arrive at the checkpoint. Tell the screening officer if you are not able to go through the walk-through metal detector unassisted. He or she will suggest other solutions.
There are access ramps, elevators and moving sidewalks available to facilitate movement inside the terminal. The electric carts service is also offered to passengers who want it after security checkpoint, in the international, mixed and transborder jetties up to the boarding gate (departures level)
Wheelchair users can enter all shops and restaurants in the terminal. Bars and VIP lounges have lowered sections for wheelchair users. You will find drinking water fountains, suitable for wheelchair users. Reserved seating is also available in the boarding lounges.
When an aircraft is parked far from the terminal, passenger transfer vehicles are available to transport people with limited mobility between the plane and the terminal. Arrangements must be made by the carrier.
Passengers requiring assistance between the drop-off area and the check-in counter (departures level) and between the public area and the pick-up area (arrivals area) may receive assistance by following this procedure.
Assistance during departure - booking and procedure
Book the assistance you need:
- Call 514-420-5000.
- Communicate your specific needs to our staff by answering a questionnaire.
- Plan an arrival time and provide your contact information.
When you arrive at the airport:
- Present yourself at the designated point of stop identified at the time of your reservation.
- If you are a Marriott or HotelParc guest, please go to door 11 in the terminal.
- Call the assistance desk at the number indicated on the sign. If you do not have access to a telephone, please go to the reception desk at door 4.
- Report your presence and provide the information requested by the agent.
- Wait for the attendant to pick you up. You may enter the terminal and wait near the identified sign, indicating this to the agent when you call.
If you have not reserved the service
It is possible to benefit from the service without a reservation, but the wait may be longer. Please follow the above-mentioned procedure by going to door 8 in priority or door 4 of the terminal.
Depending on the level of activity at the airport, an average waiting time of 15 minutes can be expected. We recommend that you confirm your arrival time 15 minutes earlier if possible, to avoid waiting.
Services and facilities for the visually impaired
- There is a relief area for guide dogs in the Multi-Level parking across from the terminal building in front of door 25 on the arrival level. Braille signage is available at several locations.
- Signs are large and brightly coloured, and some are available in Braille. Airport staff are available to help blind people find their way around.
- Braille signs are located at entrances to all public washrooms.
- All elevators, escalators and moving sidewalks are equipped with braille signage.
- Elevators are also equipped with audible synthesized voice “floor callers” or acoustic signals that indicate floors.
Services and facilities for the hearing impaired
- TTY telephones (identified with the TTY pictogram) are available at every bank of public telephones in the terminal and boarding areas.
- All pay telephones in the terminal are equipped with an adjustable volume control and a flux coil to assist hearing-aid users.
- Visual fire alarms (strobes) are located in public areas.
- If you are a TTY user, simply call 7-1-1 for all directory assistance listings (local, national, US, overseas and toll free numbers). For TTY, call 1 800 855-1155