Here are some tips from the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority on what to do when traveling with a pet.
- Let the screening officer know that you are travelling with your pet.
- All passengers travelling with animals must undergo explosive trace detection (ETD) testing.
- A screening officer will offer to conduct the screening of your animal in a private search room.
- Whether you stay at the checkpoint or go to a private search room, you will need to remove your pet from its carrying case and remove any items attached to your pet (except collars and harnesses).
- You will need to keep your pet under control during screening.
- After the screening of your pet, its carrying case and any other items is complete, you will need to put your pet back in its carrying case.